The top three most common plumbing problems are all emergency or serious concerns that need to be dealt with quickly. In no particular order they are:
- water heater concerns
- clogs/ stoppages
- leaking pipes or fixtures
While there isn’t any sure-fire way to tell you when exactly these things can happen, it pays off to be proactive and have your plumbing looked at by a professional for warning signs, especially if you know it’s an older home or aren’t sure of the history at all. Maintaining the cleanliness of your fixtures is also hugely important to maintain the lifespan of your plumbing. If you’re looking for information on sewer and drain cleaning in the East Lake, FL area. Check out our website.
Water Heater Concerns
Has this ever happened to you? You wake up one morning, getting ready for work and instead of the usual warm steamy shower that welcomes you every morning, you’re met with cold pelts of water droplets startling you awake.
Water heaters can hold anywhere from 40-80 gallons of water, keeping it under immense pressure constantly. It’s no wonder how, with age, leaks and failures are common. If your home is 8-10 years old or more, you should start taking steps to install a new one.
Water heaters play into the water quality issues we run into in Florida, so we always recommend being proactive with yours. For more information on water heater plumbing in East Lake, Florida, read more on our website, or give us a call.
Clogs are caused by some sort of object or barrier blocking a full and steady flow of water and or waste through your pipes. Common causes of this are:
- “Flushable” wipes – these so called flushable wipes, are not actually supposed to be flushed. They are the cause of so many calls!
- Calcium and Magnesium build up in older toilets, can cause a back up in the line.
- Kids flushing objects or tons of toilet paper down the toilet are another all too common culprit.
- Food waste in kitchen drains? Do your kids shove the large bits of leftovers in your garbage disposal, or do you pour fat down your drain? Both of these things can cause not only clogging, but rotting food waste sitting in your plumbing as well.
Sewage and drain cleaning is a great way to prevent clogs and causing water damage. We always recommend regular maintenance to maintain the longevity of your home’s plumbing.
Pipes that are leaking can mean a number of things from age to poor installation. Being proactive in maintaining your pipes is especially important to prevent leaks. If you’ve just moved into a fairly older house or are just unsure of your plumbing’s condition, look into having a camera inspection of your plumbing done. It can tell you exactly what the issue is and how soon you need to take care of it.
If you are looking to get a camera inspection, need a water heater plumber in East Lake, FL, or any other of these common plumbing concerns, give us a call today!